Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Really? And Other Random Thoughts.

I saw a crazy runner before the Al Gordon 4M on Saturday, and just thought to myself, “really?” Then I realized, I have that reaction a lot to things I see (living in New York City and riding the subway will do that to you).

Here are some things that I have been wondering today.

So this crazy runner I was talking about…. was a male wearing short shorts, a tank top… and arm sleeves. I get the whole calf-sleeve-compression thing if you’re injured… but arm sleeves? If it’s 32 degrees out, why don’t you just wear a jacket like a normal human being? Oh, to prove that you are probably faster than I am.

Really?

If you need a face mask, you need a jacket.

When are these things going to go out of style?

I see the progression... hat... animal hat...animal hat with
unnecessary sleeves so you can pretend you have paws...

Who are these women wearing stilettos on the subway? Oh I see… They’re the women judging me for wearing commuter shoes.


Them.

Me.
In other news, I’m starting my half-marathon training this week! 12 weeks until the Brooklyn Half, and I’m already excited.

I got up early this morning to run - my finicky phone decided to turn off at some point in the middle of the night, and I actually woke up on my own anyway! So that’s fun.

I did a quick 3 miles, and realized it’s getting warm enough that I remove my gloves after only five minutes of running. This shouldn't come as a surprise, since I also have on cropped running pants, a t-shirt, two running jackets, and a headband that I usually wear while skiing. I bundle up because I don’t get why people wear tank tops and then arm sleeves.

Since I’m psyched about training, I started reading some marathon recaps to get in the spirit. I read this crazy one by Once Upon a Lime, but what was even crazier was the fact that she trained for it in FIVE WEEKS. I was seriously impressed. Especially because I’m going to train 7 weeks longer for a distance half as long.

Your turn! What are you pondering about today? The weirder, the better.

1 comment:

  1. Pondering eh? Will Mommy ever finish "Rebel without a Cause" so we can return it to Blockbuster (I know, who still uses Blockbuster!). Will family issues ever be no greater than "who ate the last piece of banana cream pie?"! And somehow I believe you can pull off wearing casual shoes better than the woman in the picture!

    ReplyDelete